Noise is the most prevalent, least containable health hazard in the industrial workplace and can be one of the most common sources of complaints to safety administrators and employers.
Hearing loss caused by noise exposure is preventable by incorporating and administering an effective and complete hearing conservation program.
dB Peak IAC provides a program that alleviates management and oversight concerns for a busy safety and health manager. Our training
- Fulfills all OSHA and MSHA mandatory requirements.
- Provides classes that consist of video, lecture and/or question/answer session.
- Assist in and provide individualized program
Audiometric Hearing Testing
- Testing is conducted by CAOHC certified occupational hearing conservationists.
- All test results are reviewed and approved by an occupational audiologist.
- Our hearing tests meet or exceed all OSHA and MSHA standards.
- Easy to understand and use of audiometric test reports.
- Capacity to test 12 to 24 employees per hour.
- On-site testing using specially designed mobile hearing.
Sound Level Surveys
- Dosimeter monitoring is performed to establish employee’s noise exposure for a given period of time.
- Surveys are conducted for individual workstations and plant areas.
Pulmonary Function Test
OSHA regulation 1910.134 and MSHA 30 CFR 11.2-1 (based on ANSI Z-88.2), Respirator Protection, requires medical evaluation and approval for all employees wearing respirators.
- Results are reviewed by an occupational health physician.
- Performed by a registered respirator therapist.
- Testing is conducted according to the standards of the American Association of Respiratory Care.
Respirator Fit Testing
OSHA 1910.134 and MSHA 30 CFR 11.2-1 requires annual fit testing for all employees using respirators with either negative or positive pressure fit.
- Quantitative and Qualitative Testing.
- Respirator Protection Policy available.
- Titmus II vision tester is used.
- Employees are tested on 4 critical standards:
- Far Vision
- Near Vision
- Color Discrimination
- Stereo Depth Perception